Work Simplification Training
Simplicity is the quality of being simple. It helps reduce complications and increases the clarity and quality of outcome. When applied to systems, it helps increase efficiency and clarity, thereby leading to success and development in any aspect of work.
What does simplification of work processes and procedures entail? Process simplification involves minimisation of activities while being effective, efficient, productive and delivering value.
The simplification process starts with evaluation, to goal definition, to testing to communication. A simple process is one that is relevant, easily found, easily replicable and efficient.
Simple processes help provide clarity about important tasks to be prioritised, increase efficiency, improve communication and accountability among stakeholders, etc. Simplicity helps immensely in change management, a challenge faced by most growing organisations.
The main objective of this Simplification of Work Processes and Procedures training course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed understanding and experience of work process simplification
- the skill and confidence to play a significant role in simplifying the processes and procedures across the organisation, thereby increasing opportunities for career growth and progression
- the necessary perspective and experience to audit current processes within the organisation and simplify them for future convenience
- the ability and capability to train and mentor other professionals to adopt a simplified thought process when framing procedures and guidelines
- the adequate skill, experience and confidence to contribute to better communication, transparency and accountability across stakeholders
- the required capabilities to increase the overall efficiency and productivity of the organisation, thereby contributing to organisational growth
- the skillset and knowledge to build simple processes so that they are easily replicable in future
- the overall enhanced skillset, knowledge and experience to work in any organisation or industry and introduce simplicity into processes, thereby increasing avenues for career growth and progression
Who Should Attend
- Senior management of an organisation who need to understand the importance of simplicity in work processes and procedures for future convenience
- All functional and operations managers and leaders responsible for defining and following processes in the organisation
- Policymakers responsible for framing policies and guidelines as well as other documentation around existing processes of an organisation
- Internal and external auditors responsible for ensuring compliance with organisational processes and procedures
- Any professional in the organisation who handles some aspect of a process or an entire process
- Any other professional who would like to know more about simplification of work processes and procedures
Components of a Process
- Process owner
- Process start and end
- Process steps/Milestones
- Process roles
- Decision points
- Tangible outputs
- Cycle times
- Overall cycle times
Causes of Complexity
- Structural changes
- Product/Service proliferation
- Process evolution
- Managerial habits
Features of a Simple Process
- Easy to find
- Easy to digest
- Easy to implement
- Efficient (Lean)
Process Simplification Drivers
- Business drivers
- Technological drivers
- Consumer drivers
Reasons for Well-Defined and Simple Processes
- Easily identify important tasks
- Streamline tasks to improve efficiency
- Streamline communication between departments
- Ensure clear accountability across processes
- Avoid chaos in daily operations
- Standardise and easily replicate procedures
Steps to Process Simplification
- Goal definition
Ideas for Business Process Simplification
- Interaction between systems
- Process automation
- Process standardisation
- Defining business rules
Benefits of Simplification
- Reduce costs
- Save time
- Improve quality
- Engage a larger community
Best Practices of Simplification
- Streamline organisational structure
- Prune products and services
- Build disciplined processes
- Improve managerial habits
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)