Training Well Logging and Qualitative Log Interpretation
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- acquire the concepts of log interpretation (Archie formula, invasion),
- review mud logging, coring and wireline logging techniques,
- perform a quick-look interpretation to characterize reservoirs: fluid contacts, lithology, porosity, saturation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Geoscientists and other E&P professionals interested in wireline log acquisition and well-log interpretation.
BASIC INTERPRETATION CONCEPTS & WIRELINE LOG RECORDING
- Foundational concepts. Reservoir petrophysics (lithology, porosity, resistivity, saturation) and fluid properties.
- Environment of measurement (borehole, invasion profile) and related parameters.
- Fundamental equations (Archie formula) for log interpretation in clean formations.
- Mud logging, measurements during drilling, coring and wireline logging techniques. Applications.
- Well logs examples.
REVIEW OF LOG MEASUREMENTS & APPLICATIONS
- Wireline logging operations and wireline logs.
- Logging-While-Drilling techniques and LWD logs.
- Well logs: header, calibration, parameters, repeat section, main log.
- Wireline logging tools: principle and applications, limitations, calibration, environmental corrections and quality control:
- Caliper, Gamma Ray and GR spectrometry, Spontaneous Potential.
- Resistivity (Induction, Laterolog) and micro-resistivity measurements.
- Porosity & lithology measurements: nuclear (Litho-Density, Neutron) and acoustic logging (Sonic).
- Application on case studies.
- Qualitative well-log interpretation:
- Log responses in most common geological formations.
- Identification of reservoirs and fluid contacts (overlay technique: water- and oil-based mud cases).
- Hydrocarbon effect on density & neutron logs.
- Determination of water resistivity Rw (SP, Ratio, Rwa), formation resistivity (Rt, Rxo) and flushed zone diameter.
- Determination of lithology, porosity, water and hydrocarbon types and saturations.
- Cross-plot techniques with density, neutron, sonic and other logs (Pe, K, Th, etc.).
- Shale effects on logs: introduction to shaly and complex lithology formations.
- Application on case studies.
PRESSURE MEASUREMENTS & FLUID SAMPLING
- Pressure measurements and fluid sampling: operation and applications.
- Pressure analysis: determination of fluid contacts, fluid gradient and fluid density.
NMR, DIPMETER & BOREHOLE IMAGING TECHNIQUES
- NMR log (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance): principle and applications.
- Dipmeter and borehole imaging tools: principle and applications.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.