Training Structural Geology, Basin Development and Associated Traps
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- get familiar with both brittle and ductile deformations identification and analysis, in various types of sedimentary basins, at different scales and under different stress regimes: at lithosphere scale: plate tectonics and basin formation (rifts, passive margins, active margins and thrust belts); at basin scale: subsidence and inversion, structural traps (tilted blocks, horsts, shale and salt domes, folds), at field and reservoir scales: behavior of faults (seal or drain), fracturing, cap rock integrity…,
- be able to identify the specific structural style of a petroleum area, on outcrop pictures and on seismic profiles,
- be able to grasp issues linked to tectonic evolution versus petroleum system evolution (in different structural contexts).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Petroleum exploration geoscientists, multidisciplinary team managers.
PLATE TECTONICS & STRUCTURAL STYLES
- Earth structure, global dynamics and time scales.
- Structure of continental and oceanic lithospheres: thermicity, rheology, stress and strain.
- Fundamentals of structural analysis:
- Extensional regimes: geodynamics and architecture of related basins (rift basins, passive margins).
- Compressional regimes: geodynamics and architecture of related basins (foreland basins, active margins, thrust belts).
- Intra-plate basins and tectonic inversion.
EXTENSIONAL & COMPRESSIONAL DEFORMATIONS – STRUCTURAL TRAPS
- Structural traps in extensional context.
- Structural traps in compressional context.
- Wrench faulting and related traps.
- Salt tectonics and related traps.
- Relationship between tectonic and sedimentary processes.
EXPLORATION & DEVELOPMENT PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH STRUCTURAL STYLES
- Folding mechanisms and styles, impact on fractures distribution.
- Conductive and sealing faults.
- Migration pathways and petroleum systems timing.
- Seal efficiency and time of residence of hydrocarbons in structural traps.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.