Pelatihan Reactive Power Management And Power Factor Correction
Typically, both utilities and consumers have incentives for power factor improvement. For a utility, power factor improvement reduces system losses and increases the portion of generation capacity for productive use. In addition it can help maintaining voltage at desired level. Consequently, utilities often encourage consumers to maintain high power factors by applying tariff clauses which penalize consumers for low power factor.
Power factor correction solutions can reduce the kVA demand to lower your power bills and reduce carbon emissions in networks with varying levels of harmonics. In addition active harmonic filters can reduce these harmful system harmonics and also provide power factor correction.
Upon the successful completion of this course, each participant will be able:
- To study the disadvantages and problems of poor power factor
- To know the methods of reactive power compensation
- To learn the standard values of power capacitors and how it can be tested and protected against resonance and over-voltages
- To know the Economic consideration for power factor correction & the harmonic problems
- To know how the harmonic problems can be solved
- To know how the capacitor bank can be controlled by microprocessor system
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for Electrical Engineers & Electricians.
- AC transmission fundamental requirements
- Comparison between AC and DC transmission
- Reactive Power Compensations and optimization
- Voltage control of Ac networks
- Power system stability
- Capacitive & Inductive Compensators
- Switching transient , lightning and resonance over voltages
- Protection against over voltages
- Power capacitors protection against resonance and over voltages
- Different types of capacitor banks
- Metal enclosed capacitor banks, pad mounted capacitor banks , stack rack capacitors and pole top capacitor banks
- Synchronous condenser as dynamic reactive power compensator
- Standard values of static capacitors
- Testing of power capacitors according to IEC
- Power factor correction & voltage
- What is power factor and methods of power factor correction
- Power factor problems
- Static & dynamic methods for power factor correction
- Capacitor selection
- Supply harmonics
- Supply resonance
- Detuning reactors
- Power quality and power factor correction
- Power quality problems related to power factor correction
- Harmonic resonance and new capacitor installation
- Harmonic problems
- Power factor capacitor ratings , reactor ratings, filter bank configuration, protection requirements, switch requirements, disconnecting requirements and layout requirements
- Economic considerations of power factor correction
- Most economical power factor and penalty
- Automatic power factor correction
- Microprocessor and capacitor bank controller
- Regulation for the distribution systems
- Static compensators
- Banks fusing concerns
- Capacitors control & testing
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)