Project Management, Leadership, and Communication Training
Managing a successful project involves more than schedules, templates, and paperwork. It requires the application of strong interpersonal management skills to work effectively with people in a variety of roles.
The skills you’ll learn in this course will enable you to apply effective leadership strategies, improve your interpersonal communication, become more influential, help guide your staff through change, deal with conflict and practice ethical principles during the entire project management process.
- Manage stakeholders and teams
- Assess and apply leadership styles
- Improve communication
- Enhance influence and power bases
- Motivate team members
- Lead effective project teams
- Coach team members
- Practice change management
- Manage individual and team conflict
- Practice ethical project management
- Create a Leadership Development Plan
1. Introduction to Project Leadership
- What Is Project Management?
- Role of Project Manager as Organizational Leader
- Begin Developing Leadership Development Plan
- The Triple Constraint
- Leadership Skills
2. Leadership and Management
- Leadership vs. Management
- Leadership Orientation
- Management Styles
- Three Functions of Management
- Trait Theory
- Fiedler’s Contingency Model
- The Leaders Window
3. Interpersonal Communication
- The Communication Loop
- Filters and Barriers
- The Interpersonal Gap
- Active Listening
- Influences on a Project Manager
- Influence Styles
- Power and the Project Manager
- Motivation Theories
- Motivating Under-Performing Team Members
- Rewards and Behavior
- Creating a Motivation Plan
- Vroom’s Expectancy Theory
6. Effective Teams
- Team Roles
- Stages of Project Team Development
- Team Process and Functional Teams
- Coaching Team Members
7. Change Management
- What is Change Management?
- Being an Organizational Change Agent
- Influencers of Change
- Stages of Organizational Change
- Strategies to Manage Change
- What is Conflict?
- Constructive Conflict vs. Destructive Conflict
- Conflict Reactions to Avoid
- Conflict Resolution Techniques
- Staying Calm in Conflict Situations
- What is Negotiation?
- Attitudes About Negotiation
- Negotiation Requirements
- Formal Project Negotiation Planning
9. Ethics and Leadership
- Ethics and Values
- Personal and Business Ethics
- Project Management Institute Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)