Training HPHT Drilling Design and Operations
This course aims to provide a comprehensive knowledge on how to design and execute an HPHT well in an exploration or development context.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the design concepts related to an HPHT well,
- learn about required operational preparedness aspects of HPHT drilling operations,
- assimilate the key aspects for executing successful operations in HPHT drilling.
Who Should Attend?
Drilling engineers, drilling supervisors, drilling superintendents.
- Applications, terms and definitions.
- PPFG aspects of HPHT reservoirs (effect of depletion, geomechanics).
- Well architecture specificities of HPHT wells.
BASIC DESIGN ENGINEERING
- Casing design specific to HPHT (thermal simulations/introduction to limit-state and reliability based design/survival loads).
- OCTG choice (material grade, SSC, qualification).
- OCTG connector choice (test and qualification).
- Well equipment (liner, wellheads, casing hangers…).
- Annulus management systems (N2 cushion, burst discs, crushable foams…).
- Subsea HPHT specificities (wellhead fatigue, X-Mas tree choice, APB).
ADVANCED HPHT WELL ENGINEERING
- Casing wear (modeling, measurement, remedial).
- Wellhead growth (modeling and impacts, heat island effect).
- Fluids & cement aspects of HT environments.
- Kick tolerance modeling (dispersed modeling w/drill bench or equivalent, limitations of single bubble in HPHT).
- Hydraulic modeling in HPHT operations.
- Logging (current HT limitations on MWD tooling).
- Introduction to MPD.
- In-field drilling (depletion and stress caging…).
- Rig inspection program for HPHT operations.
- Equipment specific to HPHT (mud coolers, kick assembly, early-kick-detection…).
- Hydrates (formation mechanisms, prevention).
- HPHT checklists.
- HPHT procedures (pit management and discipline, breaking circulation, connections, flow checks, tripping procedures, pump out of hole).
- HPHT coring and wireline logging.
- ECD management.
- Wellbore breathing (breathing vs. kick, loss-gain scenarios, supercharging mechanisms, fracture…).
- Well control aspects.
- (E)LOT/FIT in HPHT.
- Mud weight management.
- Fingerprinting (dummy) connections, swab & surge, compressibility test, drain back/flow volume…).
- Case studies (HPHT train wrecks, database analysis of exploration and development wells).
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)