Training Geomechanics for Drillers
This training course aims to ensure the understanding of geomechanics-related drilling problems such as wellbore stability and fluid losses, and to be aware of the techniques used in the petroleum industry to mitigate these phenomena.
- Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
- acquire the basic geomechanical knowledge useful for drilling operations,
- diagnose the mechanisms of wellbore instability and fluid losses including already producing fields,
- identify the drilling-related geomechanical parameters as well as the means to measure or assess them from well data and laboratory measurements,
- perform mud weight calculations that define, in addition to pore pressure, the drillability window, and make it possible to build the well architecture.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers and supervisors involved in drilling operations.
INTRODUCTION TO GEOMECHANICS IN THE PETROLEUM INDUSTRY
- Review of all the applications of geomechanics in the reservoir and drilling fields illustrated with real cases.
THEORETICAL BASES USEFUL FOR DRILLING APPLICATIONS
- Stresses, deformations, elasticity.
- Connection between stress, pressure and temperature.
- Rock tensile failure.
- Rock shearing failure.
- Laboratory measurements of tensile and rupture properties.
- Geomechanical model of wells (formation pressure, stresses and mechanical properties) and calibration from laboratory measurements and data and well tests.
- Different types of pressure tests in drilling, in particular the leak-off test.
STRESSES & RUPTURE MECHANISMS AROUND THE WELL
- Radial, axial and tangential stresses.
- Shearing failure conditions and calculation of the minimum mud weight.
- Conditions of tensile failure and fracture propagation and calculation of the maximum mud weight.
- Impact of the well path.
- Impact of reservoir production of infill drilling in already producing reservoirs.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)