Effective Diversity Management Training
Training Course Overview
According to Apple Inc., “The most innovative company must also be the most diverse” (Apple, 2018). Harnessing the power of diversity and inclusion is essential for the viability and success of every organisation. People who feel fully welcomed, valued, respected, and included by their colleagues and their organisations will fuel this growth. Put simply, diversity works. However, diversity without inclusion is not enough. Inclusion, while closely related, is a separate concept.
SHRM defines inclusion as “the achievement of a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organisation’s success”. Current research has identified a very basic formula: Diversity + inclusion = better business outcomes (Deloitte, 2018).
Over forty years of diversity training, research has demonstrated that diversity training can have a significant positive impact, especially when it targets awareness and skill development and occurs over a significant period of time. Diversity training effectiveness depends on the training methods used, the personality characteristics of those being trained, and the specific outcomes that are measured after training concludes.
Training Course Objectives
By attending this Anderson training course, delegates will be able to:
- Manage a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce
- Understand and appreciate cultural difference
- Identify unconscious bias in self and others
- Promote the idea of diversity and inclusion in teams and your organisation
- Improve your Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- Professionals who wants to learn about diversity and inclusion
- All Human resource (HR) Professionals, Managers and Business Partners
- Team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Professionals who have an interest in managing diverse groups of people
- Anyone who needs to understand how to apply best-practice in diversity management
Training Course Outline
- Understanding the drivers of diversity in the workplace
- The business case for cultural diversity
- The major components of diversity
- The inclusive workplace
- The need for Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- Understanding yourself: understanding others
- Types of Bias (affinity, ambiguity, confirmation, attribution, comparison)
- Understanding stereotypes and biases
- Inclusion and transformational leadership
- Preventing and dealing with workplace discrimination
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)