Measuring and Maximizing Training ROI
Delegates will find the learning acquired by attending this course invaluable in carrying out their role in planning, implementing, delivering and evaluating training interventions. This course is designed to demonstrate how organizations can obtain greater value from their investment in training. The focus of the course will be on the evaluation of training and in particular how to measure and maximize the training ROI. The course advocates the adoption of a holistic approach to the evaluation and measurement of the effectiveness of training and will provide delegates with sufficient learning to enable them to make a convincing business case for training and the allocation of resources for training.
This course will feature:
- Issues related to the management of the training budget and potential compromises impacting on the ‘training spend’
- Ensuring that proposed training programs are relevant and the business case to support planned expenditure can be made
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of training in the workplace
- Identifying future training needs
- Demonstrating ROI has been achieved
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the issues related to measuring and maximizing training ROI
- Plan, organize and deliver relevant training interventions
- Demonstrate the business case for specific training interventions
- Understand and be able to implement techniques applicable to identifying training needs.
- Describe best practice in relation to employee development
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable to a wide range of HR professionals, line managers, team leaders and at the same time will greatly benefit those who:
- Need to know about training evaluation and the calculation of training ROI.
- have a strategic overview of the business and who may also be responsible for initiating training programs or authorizing expenditure for training
- are responsible for Human Resource Development and the planning and delivery of training programs at a strategic level
- are responsible for the planning and implementation of training programs at an operational level
- Manage people and who are responsible for identifying and implementing training to meet individual training needs or specific organizational training requirements, i.e. to meet skill shortages.
INTRODUCTION – AN OVERVIEW OF THE STRATEGIC ROLE OF TRAINING
- The Strategic Context of Training
- The Business Case for Training Investment
- The Principles of Effective Employee Development: Training Models
- Evaluating Training
- Effective Processes for Measuring Training Return on Investment (ROI) )
- The Role of Senior Managers, HR Professionals and Line Managers in Measuring and Maximizing Training ROI
ALIGNING TRAINING TO BUSINESS OBJECTIVES: MAXIMIZING TRAINING ROI
- The Organizational Context
- Business Strategy: the Need for Long-term Planning for Future Skills and Competences
- Establishing Training Needs
- Aligning Training with Business Needs
- Planning and Delivering Effective Training
- Maximizing training ROI
MEASURING TRAINING RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- Making the Business Case: Arguments For and Against Measuring the Cost Effectiveness of Training
- What and How to Measure
- Identifying Appropriate Success Criteria
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Training
- Forecasting Costs and Benefits
- Calculating the Training ROI
MANAGING THE TRAINING PROCESS
- Identifying Effective Approaches to Training
- The roles and responsibilities of senior managers, HR professionals, line managers and employees
- Establishing Strategic Training Objectives
- Identifying Training Objectives at the Operating and Individual Level
- Planning and Preparing Training Budgets and Implementing Training
- Internal or external training provision
- Determining how Training will be Evaluated: Models and Methodologies
- Purpose of Evaluation
- Levels of Evaluation
- Linking Evaluation to Training ROI
- Some Myths about Evaluation
- Course summary
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)