Training Managing People At Work
Why can’t people just leave their problems at the front gate? People problems can include work related stress, marriage problems, lack of motivation, work Stress, long hours of work, turnover, under-staffing, nationalization, bullying and job insecurity all impact on employee’s health and performance. The cost to the employer can be enormous. No matter what industry you work in, stress at work can be a very real and overwhelm experience.
The amount of employees suffering from stress and stress-related illnesses is rapidly rising. More than half (53%) of people in work have suffered stress in the past 12 months, while one in four people had taken time off sick through stress in the previous year, according to the latest research by the International Stress Management Association.
This program allows delegates to critically analyze their HR approach managing people problems in the workplace and put development plans in place to manage this vital workplace issue.
The ability to manage people problems at work is a critical skill for all people managers and HR professionals.
- Understand people problems at work
- Know how to motivate others
- Learn about workplace stress and best practice workplace interventions
- Introduce effective Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Understand Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
As a result of attending this workshop delegates will have developed:
- To understand people problems at work
- To identify and develop critical skills needed for stress management
- To develop effective workplace interventions
- To understand how to motivate & counsel others
- Develop practical skills in people management
- Develop practical skills in trauma and crisis management
- Learn how stress affects individuals mental health at work
- Actively identify and reduce stress in self and others
- Learn the skills and knowledge necessary to motivate others
Who Should Attend?
- Human Resource or Personnel staff at any level
- Risk management specialists
- Managers involved in staff welfare
- Managers who are new to managing people and are looking for an insight into human behavior
- HR specialists who are advising on people issues may benefit from discussing some of the underlying assumptions about human behavior and learning some new skills in applying assertive behavior
- Individuals who are curious about behavior and attitudes and want to direct them to improved employee performance
PEOPLE PROBLEMS AT WORK
- Introduction to Human Psychology
- Understanding people problems
- Ways of helping people
- Impact of work – performance issues
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Steps to establish an EAP
- What is stress? – Recognizing the physical and behavioral signs, Stress in the mind and body
- What contributes to workplace pressures?
- The impact of stress on personal performance – the positive and negative effects of stress
- The symptoms of short term and long term stress
- Stress management techniques
- Individual Testing: The major causes of stress at work and at home
BASIC COUNSELLING SKILL
- What is communication?
- Techniques for interviewing/basic counselling skill
- Developing Active listening skills
- Understanding body language
- SOLER Techniques for counselling
- Motivational Coaching Techniques
- The Psychology of Motivation
- Motivation at work
- Team & Group Motivation
- Case study: Absenteeism
CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS (CISD) AND TRAUMA COUNSELLING
- What constitutes a traumatic event
- A Model for Workplace Trauma Management
- Policy, Plans and Procedures
- Media Management, Preventive Training and Information
- Debriefing & Grief Counselling
- Traumatic stress and Post traumatic Stress Disorder
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)