Training Introduction to Basin Exploration
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand exploration strategy and follow the standard exploration workflow,
- get familiar with most common exploration techniques, via a multidisciplinary approach and data integration,
- acquire requested competences for basin analysis in order to assess the hydrocarbon potential and identify potential plays and related prospects.
- Non-geoscientific technicians interested in petroleum exploration techniques, young professionals in geosciences with limited experience in the E&P industry.
BASIN EXPLORATION CHALLENGES, STRATEGY & WORKFLOW
- Basin potential evaluation, play concept assessment and prospect generation.
- Risk analysis. Probability of success.
- Prospect ranking. Decision-making process. License block leasing.
BASIN EXPLORATION METHODS AND TOOLS
- Basin analysis:
- Geodynamics: earth deformation and basin structuration (extensional & compressional).
- Review of geological environments and related reservoir distribution.
- Sedimentary basins: sediment infill and associated traps (structural & stratigraphic).
- Petroleum systems:
- The petroleum trilogy: source rocks, reservoir rocks and seal rocks.
- Source rock potential and maturity evaluation: hydrocarbon generation.
- Structural evolution, hydrocarbon expulsion, migration and entrapment, relative timing of events.
- Hands-on practice on real examples.
- Seismic interpretation:
- Review of acquisition techniques.
- Seismic interpretation: objectives and methodology.
- Structural interpretation of basins in extensional and compressional contexts.
- Stratigraphic interpretation of basin fill.
- Well log analysis:
- Wireline log acquisition and well log analysis.
- Review of logging tools and recorded parameters.
- “Quick-look” qualitative well-log interpretation.
EVALUATION OF BASIN PETROLEUM POTENTIAL
- Basin potential evaluation: tectono-stratigraphic framework, petroleum trilogy, entrapment, migration and timing.
- Play assessment and mapping for exploration opportunities. Sweet spots identification.
- Prospect definition and related geological risk analysis (“Prospect review card”).
- Workshop on a case study.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.