Training General Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
This course provides a thorough understanding of expectations and mandatory requirements regarding occupational safety. To give insight regarding operational implementation of a safe workplace within Oil & Gas facilities.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- deepen knowledge of codes and regulations relative to occupational health and safety,
- evaluate health and safety performance indicators,
- asses an activity in order to promote a safe workplace,
- audit health and safety elements in a workplace.
Safety officers, HSE supervisors, offshore installation managers, field managers.
INTRODUCTION TO OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- Historical approach to occupational health and safety.
- Introduction to safety culture.
- Roles and responsibilities of the different elements of the organization.
- Safety leadership characteristics. Roles of safety leaders. Communication and motivation. Safety communication examples.
WORKPLACE ACCIDENTS & OCCUPATIONAL DISEASES
- Undesired events concepts. Undesired events classification. Unsafe acts and unsafe conditions concept.
- Safety main Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Other HSE KPI. Leading and lagging indicators.
- Learning from incidents and accidents: near misses, reporting and cause tree analysis.
- Local legal requirements. Main sources of information. General development of a system to ensure legal requirements compliance.
- International best practices and standards: national regulations becoming international best practices
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- Occupational hazard identification and risk assessment in workplace.
- Hazards related to products.
- Fire and explosion risks.
- Risks associated to machines, mechanical equipment and tools. Safe design of machinery.
- Lifting and rigging operations.
- Works at height.
- Electrical risks.
- Logistics safety. Road, air and marine transportation. Hazardous material transportation.
- Safety in storage areas. Storage of hazardous material.
- Personal protective equipment types and selection.
- Emergency Evacuation Plan.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & HYGIENE MANAGEMENT
- Hygiene risk assessment.
- Physical agents: noise, vibrations, temperature.
- Chemical agents: risk assessment techniques; exposure limits; toxicology.
- Biological agents: risk assessment techniques. Food and water management.
- Ionizing radiation agents: risk management; typical ionizing equipment; NORM.
- Health control of employees. Fitness to work procedure.
- Health infrastructure requirements and emergency evacuation management.
ERGONOMICS & HUMAN FACTORS
- Ergonomics and human factors assessment in workplace. Introduction to fatigue management.
- Physical human factors: position, repetitive movements, lighting, temperature, noise.
- Mental human factors: stress, monotony, repetitive tasks, workplace bullying, motivational aspects.
- Human error. Analysis and improvement techniques.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – AUDIT
- Organizational model. Workplace risk assessment management.
- Induction and training to the workforce.
- Audit of management system.
- Communication and improvement plans.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)