Meeting the requirements of heavy-duty engine emissions regulations is a challenge for all engine manufacturers. Since the introduction of Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) in medium and heavy-duty diesel engines, these systems have become more sophisticated and tightly integrated with emission control systems.
This 2-day seminar will explore the advantages and disadvantages of EGR and the most effective implementation of various EGR systems. This seminar will begin by defining EGR and why it is used in diesel engines, along with an explanation of the mechanisms by which EGR is able to reduce NOx. This seminar will then move into implementation of EGR systems and examples of these systems on medium and heavy-duty diesel engines. In addition, the impact of EGR on various engine components will be discussed and will include EGR coolers, valves and piping. Finally, a section will be devoted to the comparison between EGR and SCR and their future roles in reducing NOx emissions, as well as their impact on fuel efficiency and CO2 emissions. Emphasized in this comparison is the use of EGR in novel combustion systems and its ability to reduce emissions in-cylinder.
By attending this seminar you will be able to:
- Define EGR
- Recognize the different types of EGR systems used in diesel engines
- Evaluate the overall advantages and disadvantages of EGR systems in diesel engines
- Identify the impact of EGR on the combustion process
- Identify the impact of EGR on NOx and PM emissions
- Compare and evaluate EGR and SCR systems as a means to meeting emissions regulations
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for engineers and managers working in diesel combustion and emissions control technologies.
A basic understanding of diesel engine technologies and emissions formation will be beneficial.
- Fundamentals of Exhaust Gas Recirculation
- Defining EGR
- Purpose of EGR
- How EGR works
- Why EGR is used in diesel engines
- Types of EGR Systems and Implementation
- HPL EGR
- LPL EGR
- Combination HPL and LPL
- Venturi-Assisted EGR
- Dedicated EGR
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- EGR in general
- HPL EGR
- LPL EGR
- Impact of EGR
- On emissions
- On fuel economy
- On engine wear
- Opportunities for Unique EGR System Implementations
- Air-Augmented EGR systems
- EGR filtration systems
- EGR System Design
- Modeling and Simulation
- System delay and control
- Model-Based control system
- Optimizing for BSFC
- Optimizing for smoke
- Optimizing for NEDC
- Strategy for hybrid EGR
- Throttle control valve
- Impact of Turbocharging on EGR Performance
- EGR Coolers and Mixers
- Effects of EGR
- Examples of Production EGR Systems
- Detroit Diesel
- Issues and Challenges of EGR Implementation
- Primary issues
- Power density
- Component design
- Performance and combustion
- Effect of EGR on Diesel Combustion
- Fuel consumption
- Torque and power
- EGR and Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Systems Comparison
- General comparisons
- Future roles in reducing emissions
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Case Studies
- Role Plays
- Action Plan
- Certificate, Quality Training Kit (Pencil case: Erase, Bolpoint, Pencil, Tipe X, Stabillo, Flash Disk 8 GB), Bag,.
- Training Material (HandOut & SoftCopy)
- Convenient training facilities in stars hotel
- Lunch and Coffee Breaks
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat emailyang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.
- Peserta bisa mengajukan Tanggal Pelatihan / Training selain yang tertera pada silabus penawaran.
Lokasi training Pilihan : di Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Bandung, Bali, Lombok, Malang, Balikpapan, Bogor, Batam, Surabaya, Semarang, Solo, Makasar, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Timor Leste, Singapura, Kuala lumpur .