Training Advance QGIS
This course builds on the delegates existing knowledge of QGIS. It comprises a series of presentations and computer practical sessions using FREE open source GIS software. The example datasets are taken from a variety of fields.
Delegates are introduced to advanced analysis techniques using both raster and vector data. The course includes a basic
introduction to the PostgresSQL/PostGIS enterprise database as well as the Python programming language. The course is designed for existing users of QGIS that want to expand their knowledge and carry out higher-level analysis.
This course is intended for those who have either completed our Introduction to QGIS course or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- To develop delegates understanding of the fundamental concepts of GIS including its strengths and limitations.
- To expand on the concept of Open Source software
- To introduce the more advanced functionality of QGIS software package.
- To teach the advanced skills needed to obtain, import, manipulate, analyse, interpret, manage and output spatial data in order to investigate topics in the delegate’s area of interest.
- To demonstrate real-world uses of GIS.
Learning outcomes – by the end of the course, delegates will have a knowledge and understanding of:
- Working with spatial databases including importing existing data sets.
- Manipulating coordinate systems in QGIS.
- Advanced field calculations.
- Working with topologies.
- Vector processing including tools such as union.
- Raster processing and how to use the raster calculator.
- Graphical Modeller.
- PostGIS databases
Introduction to SpatiaLite geodatabases
- Creating databases
- Importing shapefiles
- What is SQL?
- Available algorithms
- External applications
- General configuration
Graphical modeller and batch processing
- Definition of inputs, outputs and workflow
- Creating a model
- Saving, loading and editing models
Manipulating coordinate systems in QGIS
- Fundamentals of coordinate systems
- Parameters in QGIS What system is best?
Introduction to Python
- Python as a language
- Python in QGIS
- Python Console
Advanced Field Calculations, Expressions and Actions
- Field Calculator refresher
- Advanced Field calculations
- Editing recap
- Feature topology
- Topology checker
- Reshaping features
- Splitting features
- Advanced digitising (CAD style)
- Forms and Field widgets
Advanced Symbologies, Labelling and Presentation of data
- Labelling using expressions
- Data defined labelling
- Matching label colour to features
- Setting label properties
- Label engine
- Label priority
- Creating an Atlas and dynamic maps
Vector processing in QGIS
- Processing framework
- Bath processing
- Geoprocessing tools
Raster processing in QGIS
- Raster menu
- Raster calculator
- Using GRASS
- What is Graphical Modeller?
- Defining inputs
- Saving and loading a model
- Editing a model
- Documenting a model
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)